• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

West Coast Meet-up?

Fini

Wonderpus
Registered
Is there any interest in having a west coast meet-up? I was thinking somewhere in the bay area would be fairly central.

Let me know if you are interested and what you might like to do.
Chris

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
Fini said:
Is there any interest in having a west coast meet-up? I was thinking somewhere in the bay area would be fairly central.

Let me know if you are interested and what you might like to do.
Chris
I enjoyed meeting folks at TONMOcon last year, so I'd certainly be up for that again. Unfortunately, I'm also horribly swamped, so there's a pretty good chance I couldn't make it, though, if it's any time soon... I'd encourage you to put it together, and if it happens to fall at a time I can get up there, I'll do my best to be there...

Fini

Wonderpus
Registered
I was totally aware of the "con" from last year and the effort to have another next year. I thought it might be nice to have a smaller bay area / west coast meet-up some time this fall if possible.

Is there any time in the coming months that sounds suitable? I was thinking September sometime.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Just stay away from the oysters...whew, that brings back (or is it up?) some memories...

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Well, I'm going to be in San Fran for the American Chemical Society meeting 9-14 Sep...

No time for a stop-over in Arizona, I'm afraid :sad:

Fini

Wonderpus
Registered
Would anyone have a suitable meeting place in the bay area? It would be nice to have a tank or two to check out.

Here are a couple of other options. We could try to meet at an aquarium or something of that nature if it suits everyone. The other option is that I know a gentleman from arachnid circle in Berkeley who has a warehouse. He may let us use that space if I ask real nice.

We could also look at Monterey again. My wife has wanted to go anyway.

Any thoughts?
Chris

I live in san francisco and would be up for a social..

My apartment is too small to host. I also rent a warehouse space that im converting to an art gallery, but this neighboorhood is probably 'too sketchy' for most people =)

Would it just be an informal social gathering to talk about cephs? And perhaps meet the faces behind the names? Too bad we cant treat it like a frag swap and have...a Ceph-Swap !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaneMom6800

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak