Newby

Rkjyang6

Hatchling
Registered
Hello!
I am Robin.
I live in Fresno, California.
We consider Morro Bay, California, our second home.
I grew up in the Bay Area, and my husband grew up in Hawaii, and we maintain close ties there too.

We have been exploring the central coast tide pools these past couple of years and have gotten pretty good at finding baby bimacs!
On most days that we explore, we find 1-5 of them.
We would love to start an octopus tank one day in a few years when we have more time (when our younger kid is way beyond toddlerhood).
Joining this forum to learn as much as I can in the meanwhile.

Is there anyone else in Central California (or Bay Area or Hawaii)?
It would be nice to make some connections once Covid is over!

That's awesome -- welcome to TONMO! We definitely have members from all those places, as you will discover as you peruse the conversations here. If you get the opportunity to share any pics of your finds, please do; would be great to see. Bimacs have been making a bit of a "comeback" in recent years, although not as prevalent as in the mid-2000's (I think octopets was a supplier but they are long gone). We've definitely had some tide pool observers over the years, from all over. I'm glad you found us!

Hello!
I am Robin.
I live in Fresno, California.
We consider Morro Bay, California, our second home.
I grew up in the Bay Area, and my husband grew up in Hawaii, and we maintain close ties there too.

We have been exploring the central coast tide pools these past couple of years and have gotten pretty good at finding baby bimacs!
On most days that we explore, we find 1-5 of them.
We would love to start an octopus tank one day in a few years when we have more time (when our younger kid is way beyond toddlerhood).
Joining this forum to learn as much as I can in the meanwhile.

Is there anyone else in Central California (or Bay Area or Hawaii)?
It would be nice to make some connections once Covid is over!
Hi :smile: Sadly, not from Hawaii or the US area in general. How long have you been interested in cephalopods? (newby as well)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back