West Coast Meet-up?

Fini

Wonderpus
Registered
Is there any interest in having a west coast meet-up? I was thinking somewhere in the bay area would be fairly central.

Let me know if you are interested and what you might like to do.
Chris

Fini said:
Is there any interest in having a west coast meet-up? I was thinking somewhere in the bay area would be fairly central.

Let me know if you are interested and what you might like to do.
Chris

I enjoyed meeting folks at TONMOcon last year, so I'd certainly be up for that again. Unfortunately, I'm also horribly swamped, so there's a pretty good chance I couldn't make it, though, if it's any time soon... I'd encourage you to put it together, and if it happens to fall at a time I can get up there, I'll do my best to be there...

I was totally aware of the "con" from last year and the effort to have another next year. I thought it might be nice to have a smaller bay area / west coast meet-up some time this fall if possible.

Is there any time in the coming months that sounds suitable? I was thinking September sometime.

Just stay away from the oysters...whew, that brings back (or is it up?) some memories...

Well, I'm going to be in San Fran for the American Chemical Society meeting 9-14 Sep...

No time for a stop-over in Arizona, I'm afraid :sad:

Would anyone have a suitable meeting place in the bay area? It would be nice to have a tank or two to check out.

Here are a couple of other options. We could try to meet at an aquarium or something of that nature if it suits everyone. The other option is that I know a gentleman from arachnid circle in Berkeley who has a warehouse. He may let us use that space if I ask real nice.

We could also look at Monterey again. My wife has wanted to go anyway.

Any thoughts?
Chris

I live in san francisco and would be up for a social..

My apartment is too small to host. I also rent a warehouse space that im converting to an art gallery, but this neighboorhood is probably 'too sketchy' for most people =)

Would it just be an informal social gathering to talk about cephs? And perhaps meet the faces behind the names? Too bad we cant treat it like a frag swap and have...a Ceph-Swap !

Yeah, as much as a ceph swap does sound great, it's not as easy as chucking a tarantula into a deli container.

You know I don't really care where we meet at. I'm not in the area, so I will have to rely on the bay area peeps to be the eyes. It doesn't have to be too formal if you just want to meet at a pub or something. :sagrin:

For that matter we could meet up in West Berkeley just off University where they have all the nifty shops and stuff. I could turn my wife loose while I drink a few pints and chat.

Fini said:
For that matter we could meet up in West Berkeley just off University where they have all the nifty shops and stuff. I could turn my wife loose while I drink a few pints and chat.

If it's to be Berkeley, how about Fondue Fred? They've got some good deals for large groups, as long as everyone likes cheese....

mucktopus said:
My stuff is in storage in the Bay Area, but alas I'm in the field this summer and fall. For those of you a little farther north, the American Malacological Society is meeting in Seattle at the end of the month. The Cephalopod Behavior symposium is on the 30th.

www.malacological.org/meetings/next.html
I wish I was in Washington right now! It's 111 degrees outside!

The giant octopus waving the space needle is awesome! Tell me they are making shirts for the conference.

As far as fondue goes, it sounds interesting if nothing else. Besides they do have a flat rate for parties. Wine is inclusive! :bugout:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back