Forum Upgrade in 3...2...1...

Steve O'Shea said:
.... do I detect a little waffling and off-topicness going on? Naughty naughty!
:razz: As ever, within reason some off-topic replies to threads are OK -- we can go off on tangents from time to time. What's not OK are seed threads (outside of Supporter's Forum) that have nothing to do with cephs. There are some exceptions to this, too, under The Octopus' Den (for community notes and significant current events in the news).

tonmo said:
Tintenfisch said:
Unrelated to spiders... How come some threads show up as 'not updated since last visit but still containing unread posts' if they didn't resgister under this heading on your last visit?
Hmm... I haven't observed the latter part of your question myself. The idea is supposed to be that it retains posts not read within the past 10 days under that heading, and it would remain there until a) you have read it or b) 10 days passed. That list should only be populated when notes above that heading (new unread posts) were dismissed on your last visit. I'll keep an eye on it...
Has this gotten any better? Honestly I haven't much figured this out yet. I think, after a while, the unread posts go away even though I haven't read them within the past 10 days (I think).

I'm curious what others think? If you've noticed the difference, is it better or worse than before? I can change the setting so that the last-read logic is less "smart", i.e., it can go back to simply telling you what's new since you last logged in... and if you didn't read posts the last time you were here, tough luck, they're gone now. What's your preference?

The tank owners database is something I've really missed. I used to look up information on each person before replying on Ceph Care so that I'd know what size tank and other information. This helped in replying because I can't always remember who has what.

So happy to hear this, Tony!

Nancy

Nancy said:
The tank owners database is something I've really missed. I used to look up information on each person before replying on Ceph Care so that I'd know what size tank and other information. This helped in replying because I can't always remember who has what.

So happy to hear this, Tony!

Nancy
Cool. Note this is testing the limits of my technical ability, but I intend to bring it back up. Also note that there's about a 95% chance that the database will start from scratch (I won't be able to resurrect the old data).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back