Forum Upgrade in 3...2...1...

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
monty said:
I noticed there is now a "disable smilies in text" checkbox below the edit window; maybe it's accidentally activated for the smiley-impaired?
You may be onto something with that, but not sure how that'd be pre-selected... In any event... hoping it works now!

If not, for anyone experiencing this let me know and I'll research further. I am not able to recreate.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Also... if you are logged in, you won't see the promotional area on the TONMO.com homepage. When you're logged out, it'll be there. Hopefully helps us get to the content we're after (latest posts) without as much scrolling.

testing smilies again

testing....testing.....
Nope, still won't work. I even tried to copy and paste the little suckers, and that wouldn't work either.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Bizarre. If you could post exact details about what you click and what happens I can better troubleshoot this. For example, does your interface look like the attached screenshot?

post.jpg

spell check?

I'm looking for that spell check you were reffering to. If it doesn't catch that, well.....just previewed and it didn't show up an obvious error. How does it work?

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hmmmmmmm......Not sur if the spel chek worcs.......hmmmmmm So....you really need to go and download it first I'm assuming.....:confused: Smilies work!!!!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
sorseress said:
I'm looking for that spell check you were reffering to. If it doesn't catch that, well.....just previewed and it didn't show up an obvious error. How does it work?
In my screenshot above, the spellcheck is right above the winking smiley -- it's the icon with the ABC and the checkmark under it.

When you click it, you should get a pop-up. I think there's an issue with javascript. Let me investigate a bit.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Cephkid said:
Oh, BTW, I forgot how to get to the tank list...:lol:
:smile: It's been offline since January -- you couldn't have missed it that much! It's still on my to-do list, though...

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
The spell-check and smiley issue may in fact be a browser caching issue. Try using Ctrl-F5 (hold down the Control key while hitting the F5 key) while you're on an edit post page. It... just... might... work.

um...

Architeuthis
Registered
The spell-check is not available in Firefox. I think it's a purely IE frill. :mad:

This is a quick edit. That is so cool!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Yeah, the quick edits are impressive! It's using a technology called AJAX, where you can send/receive data on a page without reloading it. Lots of enhancements for Moderator tools in this regard.

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hmm... I can make the smileys work by typing in the text for them, e.g. colon-twisted-colon for :twisted: (the most important one :wink:), but not by clicking on the icons to the right of the compose-message box. Wait, Ctrl-F5 worked, now the smileys are normal... is this a one-time-fixes-all trick or do I need to do it every time I reply to something?