• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Forum Upgrade in 3...2...1...

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Wow, the forum seems to have been updated without major disaster! That's astounding!

I'll be doing some configurations along the way, but please post any problems or questions here. Thanks-

Tony

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
You'll notice some nice little enhancements here and there with this new upgrade -- nothing too significant, but it does set the stage for more enhancements going forward (i.e., the resurrection of the Tank Owner Database).

One of the most noticeable changes right now may be the fact that we now base unread messages on messages that you actually clicked on and read, as opposed to it being cookie-based. This is a bit more server-intensive, but I think we can handle it. After 10 days, if you haven't read a note the assumption will be that you don't want to read it, and it will fall into the read bucket.

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
....... just one wee thing; the smilies don't work in the posts Tony.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
sorseress said:
I can't make them work either.
I just put :boohoo: in another post... it seems to work ok for me. :biggrin2:

it does seem to think a lot of threads I've read "have unread posts" however. Otherwise, it looks great!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Hmm... maybe only Webmasters and Supporters can use smilies... :heee:

:-/ I'm on it...

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonestar108