Forum Upgrade in 3...2...1...

But will it work tomorrow?

It will work if it's during the same computer session. It may not work once you've shut down for the night . I'll check that out tomorrow.:smile:

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Tintenfisch said:
Hmm... I can make the smileys work by typing in the text for them, e.g. colon-twisted-colon for :twisted: (the most important one :wink:), but not by clicking on the icons to the right of the compose-message box. Wait, Ctrl-F5 worked, now the smileys are normal... is this a one-time-fixes-all trick or do I need to do it every time I reply to something?
It's a one-time fix -- you had the "old" TONMO.com code cached on your computer -- Ctrl-F5 pulled down the latest -- the old is gone forevermore. :cool2:

I've had noooo trouble whatsoever, but then I do usually use a Mac, hee hee.

What is a 'Slurp Spider' (check the Active Users bit)? I've never seen them before. Were they exposed at low tide after Hurricane Rita? Will there be a Discovery documentary on 'Slurp Spiders: Killers of the deep'?

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Clem said:
Hello Tony,

What is a Yahoo! Slurp Spider, and is it afraid of fire?

Cheers,
Clem
Important distinction:

Yahoo! Slurp Spider is our friend, along with the Google Spider. They crawl our site and help bring like-minded ceph fans together on TONMO.com, but displaying pertinent search results on the respective search engines.

The Wolf Spiders in my basement are NOT our friends. Undetermined whether they are afraid of fire, but if they have any sense of self-awareness they are afraid of my shoe.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
tonmo said:
The Wolf Spiders in my basement are NOT our friends. Undetermined whether they are afraid of fire, but if they have any sense of self-awareness they are afraid of my shoe.

You need a Miniature Pinscher! ............caught Diablo chowing down on spiders in the back garden :yuck: I do feed him HONEST!!

J

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
My dog Harvey did indeed catch one -- didn't eat it, but stomped on it, then flipped his head back to toss it in the air a couple of times. Pretty amusing spectacle.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
tonmo said:
My dog Harvey did indeed catch one -- didn't eat it, but stomped on it, then flipped his head back to toss it in the air a couple of times. Pretty amusing spectacle.

:lol:

Diablo's a ratter and if it moves it's prey and prey is to be EATEN! Which is unfortunate when the prey in question is your toes!

Seamus on the other hand is a Cocker Spaniel and prefers dinner served up on a silver tray! And spiders? ewwwwwwwww:yuck:

J

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Unrelated to spiders...

How come some threads show up as 'not updated since last visit but still containing unread posts' if they didn't resgister under this heading on your last visit?

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
Jean said:
Time travel CW......I'm afraid I caught an episode of Dr Who the other night:oops:

J

It happens all the time, heres the proof: "when you go to claim insurance for something, you find that it is precisely what is not covered in your coverage/insurance policy." --Douglas Adams, The Salmon Of Doubt...:shock:

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
.... do I detect a little waffling and off-topicness going on? Naughty naughty!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Tintenfisch said:
Unrelated to spiders...

How come some threads show up as 'not updated since last visit but still containing unread posts' if they didn't resgister under this heading on your last visit?
Hmm... I haven't observed the latter part of your question myself. The idea is supposed to be that it retains posts not read within the past 10 days under that heading, and it would remain there until a) you have read it or b) 10 days passed. That list should only be populated when notes above that heading (new unread posts) were dismissed on your last visit. I'll keep an eye on it...