• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

RIP Octavius

After a few days of not seeing my octopus - I decided to pick up every rock and
didn't see him. So I frantically searched the ground.. turned a paper upside down, and found this:

He must've been there for at least a day... just goes to show you that the daily heart attack of not knowing where your octopus is is worth taking action for. I had just set up a critter keeper in the tank today too..

and yes, I had the tank all sealed up with duct tape =\

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
RIP Octavius :angelpus:
Poor little guy....sorry for your loss.

If the tank was duct taped, how do you think he escaped?

Nancy

Nancy;98578 said:
If the tank was duct taped, how do you think he escaped?
Nancy
I think that he took the 5 minute window of when I had the top off and I was doing maintenance on the tank. I went to the computer and shortly thereafter I heard a weird plop sound. I looked around the tank and didn't see anything. That had to have been when he escaped =\

Opcn

GPO
Registered
Cardinal rule of keeping a tank, if you hear a sound find out what it was, I actually lost some button polyps recently not following a soundm no where near your loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak