• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Looking for octopus prehatchlings and hatchlings for research purpose, any pointers to suppliers in Europe

Vinther

Hatchling
Registered
Hello All

I need some juvenile octopuses for a scientific investigation in which we need to stain them for internal organs.

I had hoped that MBL could help out, but they are shut because of COVID and have been telling me that they would prefer if I found a more local supplier. I am based in the UK, so anywhere in Europe is what I am hoping to find a supplier within.

Any suggestions would really help me out.

Best,
Jakob Vinther, University of Bristol

Hello All

I need some juvenile octopuses for a scientific investigation in which we need to stain them for internal organs.

I had hoped that MBL could help out, but they are shut because of COVID and have been telling me that they would prefer if I found a more local supplier. I am based in the UK, so anywhere in Europe is what I am hoping to find a supplier within.

Best,
Hello All

Best,

Hey, you could try Eduardo Almansa - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eduardo_Almansa

His group works on the aquaculture of octopus, including paralarvae. Nobody in the UK would have any, including the MBA. There is also a group in Faro, Portugal, and Naples, Italy who may have access but I am less sure about these guys.

Gav

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back