• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Looking for octopus prehatchlings and hatchlings for research purpose, any pointers to suppliers in Europe

Vinther

Hatchling
Registered
Hello All

I need some juvenile octopuses for a scientific investigation in which we need to stain them for internal organs.

I had hoped that MBL could help out, but they are shut because of COVID and have been telling me that they would prefer if I found a more local supplier. I am based in the UK, so anywhere in Europe is what I am hoping to find a supplier within.

Any suggestions would really help me out.

Best,
Jakob Vinther, University of Bristol

Hello All

I need some juvenile octopuses for a scientific investigation in which we need to stain them for internal organs.

I had hoped that MBL could help out, but they are shut because of COVID and have been telling me that they would prefer if I found a more local supplier. I am based in the UK, so anywhere in Europe is what I am hoping to find a supplier within.

Best,
Hello All

Best,

Hey, you could try Eduardo Almansa - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eduardo_Almansa

His group works on the aquaculture of octopus, including paralarvae. Nobody in the UK would have any, including the MBA. There is also a group in Faro, Portugal, and Naples, Italy who may have access but I am less sure about these guys.

Gav

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoutsails

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak