• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Kalypso (O.briareus)

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
AM,
It seems I am, unintentionally, following in your footsteps :razz: with octo residence. Kalypso has me very anxious to be successful with one of JoeFish's brood.

:smile:

Here's some pictures from last nights feeding escapade. She is definitely interested in toys. Time to find her some. She really likes the feeding stick.

Moving in for the "kill"...

She pounces!

MINE!

Hmm... krill or stick? I can't decide.

Okay you can go away now, I got what I wanted. Bye!

She took the stick back to her den and I reached in about 10 minutes later. It's like trying to uproot a tree.

Got some great video and pictures of her tonight. I got home late and she was on the front glass, just waiting for me. Or maybe she sees the fish in the tank across the room? She roamed around the front of the tank watching me. I turned on the dining room light and we hung out for an hour and a half. I gave her a piece of krill with my finger, and she held on for quite a bit. Then she roamed around the top of the tank, feeling around the top under the screen so I added more and more duct tape. Very mischievous. She LOVES the camera too. Got some good pics of her wrapping her web around some rocks.

Pics in the morning!

I accidentally deleted some of the best videos trying to make room for more. Most of the others are too dark to enjoy. Gotta convince her that light isn't bad. Seems like every time I turned the camera off she would go to the bottom and wrap her webbing around rocks. Tried to capture the moment but the video just isn't bright enough.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtledragon

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak