Kalypso (O.briareus)

Good observation. I wouldn't have put that together but it makes perfect sense.

For a little while I was lucky. She has totally ignored the clam up to this point. I've seen her climb over it several times without showing any interest in it at all. Glad I was home to notice!

I was messing around with the powerheads in the tank today and I think it offended Kalypso.

She's also been monkeying around at the top more.

She was very persistent. She even hung upside down.

In the second clip, how many octos do you have in the tank? I thought you only had one, but it looks like there are several tenticles comeing out of the hole to the right of Kalypso or is it just hers? In the first clip, what exactly is the passing cloud effect?

It's just her by herself. Yes, those are her arms reaching out from the other side of the rock.

I call it the passing cloud effect when they go dark to bright from one side to the other real fast. Looks like Photobucket squashed the video, but it's at the very end of that video.

Animal Mother;117942 said:
I call it the passing cloud effect when they go dark to bright from one side to the other real fast. Looks like Photobucket squashed the video, but it's at the very end of that video.

I read the note after seeing the video and had to rewatch to see it. I liked the little zip into the cave move on the last one too. She is so pretty!

Peek-a-boo!
IMG_1433.jpg

She's getting an attitude with me! Last night while I was trying to hand feed her a piece of shrimp she bowed up, with all her arms curled forward like an octopus boomerang. She flared out her webbing and turned very pale with very dark eyes and then started drifting up toward me. I laughed it off and wiggled the shrimp some more and she darted into the rocks.

When she came out this afternoon I thawed her out some shrimp. While the shrimp was thawing she started climbing around on the glass so I walked over to the tank. She then climbs up to the top of the tank, her mantle swells and she begins to shake. BOOM! She blasted some poop and water straight up and hit the light fixture. She was not content with the shrimp and came after my fingers instead. I think the velcro is slowing her down but she is still determined to find out what's on the other side of the glass.

Neal's decided that teaching one of our pets to squirt (prefereably just water) on signal would be the ultimate octo "trick".

Love the ballet! Sisturus would swim like that every night from the time he was about 8 month until maybe 10 months and I would just sit and enjoy (I am not a fan of human ballet). Kalypso's dance is even more stunning with those beautiful arms and coloring.

Very green. The smudges on the glass on the top left corner of the pictures is from her arms reaching over the side and trying to pull herself out of the tank while I was feeding her.

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back