• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

hmmmm

Adiver

Cuttlefish
Registered
hello everyone! I want an octopus plain and simple! I am leaning towards the bimac and would like it if you could answer some questions!
1- Do you have an octopus, species, where did you get it?
2- why did you get it, how much time did you spend deciding
3- how much money do you currently spend on your octo
4-how much will a tank setup cost me
5- what are some questions that you think i should have asked and answers please!

thanks!
-anna

According to posts from pros, it costs lotsa $$. You can search the forums for anything, and I mean ANYTHING

-Squidman-

I dont have one but I now that you can get one for 35 dallors at ...am I aload to say the webpage? but I would say a 30 gallon setup will cost you $400 dalloars if you keep it on the down low.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Good questions...I would say that you are going to spend at least 500 dollars on a basic octo setup, and perhaps as much as 1200...depending on how fancy you want to get...
But really, think about the little "frill" items you get on a daily basis...fast food, candy, drinks...media...get rid of those expenses, and you will have a tank in no time...

greg (ghandi of the octo world...sitting in a cave )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjh1951

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak