• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Filtration Success Stories

sacred

Cuttlefish
Registered
I am planning 65 gallon (approx) setup for a Bimac and wondering if people can share best practices or lessons learned from their system. Right now the plan is to run a high quality skimmer, chaeto in a refugium, and a media reactor. I've never run a single species tank this large and am wondering what combos work particularly well.

Thanks.

pkilian

GPO
Staff member
I have never used algae in my filtration systems before, so I can't speak to the efficacy of their filtration properties.

What are you planning to put in your media reactor?

Are you going to have a separate sump underneath your tank or will your filtration be in a refugium attached to the back?

sacred

Cuttlefish
Registered
I think it would have to be a sump design to keep the octopus from mucking about in the back of the tank. I think I'll probably run a combo of Carbon and GFO, but am very open to other opinions.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak