• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Filtration Success Stories

sacred

Cuttlefish
Registered
I am planning 65 gallon (approx) setup for a Bimac and wondering if people can share best practices or lessons learned from their system. Right now the plan is to run a high quality skimmer, chaeto in a refugium, and a media reactor. I've never run a single species tank this large and am wondering what combos work particularly well.

Thanks.

I have never used algae in my filtration systems before, so I can't speak to the efficacy of their filtration properties.

What are you planning to put in your media reactor?

Are you going to have a separate sump underneath your tank or will your filtration be in a refugium attached to the back?

I think it would have to be a sump design to keep the octopus from mucking about in the back of the tank. I think I'll probably run a combo of Carbon and GFO, but am very open to other opinions.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back