• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bill's new Red Sea 350

Problem!
1. Iris abandoned her shell home she has had for a week and dug a cave under one of the rocks.
2. Iris has turned white or very light gray and has taken strange positions in the cave.
What does this mean?

It is a sad day, the four fish survived and the aquarium is returning to normal.
I could kick myself for letting this happen.
The three year old is saddest of us all, and I would like another octopus as soon as possible.

We have really enjoied this all too short a time with Iris, feeding, petting playing, seeing her open the boxes, chasing the crabs, eating fiddler crabs and shrimp, even the bite was part of getting closer to her.

The heater has been removed, the aquarium water 99% changed, new felt filter socks and a new Octopus 150 Elite Skimmer.
The new octopus arrived a 9:22 AM. I first put an air stone in the plastic bag and took a picture.
I then acclimatized her for an hour, partly because she had defecated and the water was somewhat dirty.
After putting her into the Red Sea 350, I gave her a fiddler crab, she seemed to immediately eat it.

Attachments

• !!!!!!!! 5618.JPG
    !!!!!!!! 5618.JPG
    914.2 KB · Views: 5
  • First arrival.JPG
    First arrival.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 6
  • With first crab.JPG
    With first crab.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 7

pkilian

Vampyroteuthis
Staff member
She looks great! I'm surprised how little water she was transported in- I guess its cheaper that way for shipping

Latest Posts