zebra octopus

scooter

Cuttlefish
Registered
does anyone have any info on a zebra octopus? the LFS i work at had on pop up on a wholesale list. i assume they have a short life span like other octos, but any info on tank size, etc. would be great. thanks

scooter

Cuttlefish
Registered
the closest thing i could find was a wonderpus which is undescribed. any idea why they are undescribed? so i guess, anyone have any info on wonderpus care?

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
there plenty on the site about wonderpus... just click search in the upper right and type in 'wonderpus'.....

scooter

Cuttlefish
Registered
did a search and all i found was stuff questioning the id of a certain octo, nothing on care. is there anyone out there who can help me?

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
Zebra octos could possibly be mimic octopus or a wonderpus, its not reccomended that you try keeping them as very little about them is known. They also don't show much of their wonderful displays in home aquaria.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
This doesn't help, but a couple of nights ago I saw a picture somewhere on the web of a caribean species that looked like someone might call it a zebra octopus.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
When an animal comes into the wholesalers, they don't do too much research...hence, a black and white octo would just be called a "zebra" without knowing the species...it could be one of a myriad...sorry !

scooter

Cuttlefish
Registered
ok, so without knowing anything about it i am at a crossroads. do i order it and with the help of everyone here, try to learn as much about it as possible for the sake of science? or risk someone else getting it who has no idea of what they are doing?