• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What would I feed my pygmy?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Is the cleaner shrimp perhaps too large for him? How big was his last meal? Do you have amphipods? Could he be eating amphipods?

Nancy

DHyslop

Architeuthis
Registered
Shrimp can also move pretty quickly. Mr. Octopus has never been able to catch his tankmate, but it is very amusing to watch him try when he gets hungry enough!

crocgurl93;99801 said:
I'm only like 20 minutes or less away from the Chesapeake

I meant, near the north, near Baltimore, or near the mouth of the Susquehanna? Farther south, such as near Chesapeake Beach? Closer to Solomon'a Island? Maybe as far south as Ridge or Point Lookout? Or are you on the Eastern Shore? The live food that you can catch will differ.

crocgurl93

Blue Ring
Registered
Ohhhh I'm in solomons and the cleaner shrimp came in dead at the pet store so I didn't have to pay as much as I would I only payed like half or less

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
try getting hold of some mysid shrimps. They're smaller and he may munch on them, also if you have live rock, there may be amphipods in it he's eating.

Now please excuse an iggerant Kiwi, but by crayfish, do you mean a freshwater crustacean (in NZ a crayfish is a marine spiny rock lobster!) if so you need to feed more marine content as they don't have enough nutritional value for him. You might be able to get marine feeder shrimps?

J

crocgurl93

Blue Ring
Registered
ok I'll try getting some shrimps when I get a new octopus mine passed away :frown: next time I'll be ready for one and my tank will be set up and every thing.