• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Well, finally ready to get my octo

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Opinions... Buy a "Common octopus" from a lsf or Bimac from Fishsupply.com? Id like to get the Common because hes relativly small and seems to be of a young age. Also id like to get him/her fast so thats another reason.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Well, ant, it's been a long time!

What is a common octopus? Sometimes that's a term used for O. vulgaris, which is a sizeable octopus. Better go with a species you're sure about - get a bimac!

Nancy

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yeah i was thinking that too. I guess ill stick with fishsupply since the species is undefined. Thanks :smile:

Edit:

I read something about air diffusers. Where would i put them? Sump or in the main tank.

Feelers

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
If you have a tank with sump, skimmer ect (ie all set up) you wont need an air diffuser. I take it you mean the air bibbler things in freshwater aquariums? Bubbles are generally bad for marine setups - they can create scum on the surface and I think they can kill some animals (not sure on that one).

What type of skimmer do you have? An airstone skimmer uses a wooden air diffuser to create bubbles, and has to be replaced every month or so , as it will become blocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasjedlicka

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak