TONMOCON III

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
What with it being 2008, I thought it would be good to open up the first official TONMOCON III thread. There has been some discussion in disparate places... and there have been a number of "mini-cons" where TONMOers get together in smaller gatherings. I thought we could start with a poll to gauge interest in location...

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I voted Monterey. That way, even if I am puking this time, I can make it. :biggrin2: Besides that, I like Seattle because we could organize a GPO dive.

BTW, the talk I was going to give is still all ready...

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i think one in Miami would be amazing. Mostly because i live close by, but also because there are a lot of aquarists here as well as the Seaquarium nearby. Also Tom (the collector that gets many of the O. Briareus for our members) lives close as well, and he might be willing to come, maybe bring a few octos too :sly: For members that could come, there are also many interesting things to do while here such as scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, and for those who like it, fishing. If not, one in Sarasota wouldn't be a bad idea either..

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I would say SF, but I don't think the new Cal Academy would be open then. If there is interest, I could find out.

Spence24

GPO
Registered
I said Mote in Sarasota, Fl love the weather, and I have relatives close by could actually come!!!

I vote Miami, I could get cheaper airfairs to there (check out skybus.com, new, really cheap airline) if I was able to go, Sarasota would be good as well

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
If it's sarasota again, i am NOT driving... at least in one sitting again... or maybe at least not on 2 hours of sleep...