Tentacles - Monterey Bay Aquarium (MBARI) Exhibit

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Last edited:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
The intent is to have as many cephs as possible and the entire room will be only cephs. One of the highlights I am looking forward to is the Cyanea exhibit as I wonder why we don't see these in more public aquariums. One little tidbit we did pick up from the conference is that there is a plan to have a very tall aquarium with a sliding display panel (now you see it, now you don't). The hope is to be able to display a few of the deep sea animals that come in for research. MY :fingerscrossed: personal hope is that by 2017 they will have extended the success with vampyroteuthis and that is what will be in the tank when we come. Seeing one alive is on my bucket list :sagrin:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
More sneak preview peeks. This time it is Alicia getting a shower feeding O. cyanea (soooo want to see this species up close and personal!).

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Coolest Jobs on the Central Coast: Aquarist

KSWB visits the Monterey Bay Aquarium, interviews @Bret Grasse MBA and videos some of the cephs that will be in the new exhibit.

What are the 5 Coolest Jobs on the Central Coast? For those who’d rather spend their time under the sea than up on land, it’s the job of a lifetime. Michelle Imperato takes a look at what it takes to be an aquarist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Last edited: