• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S Bandensis

Firstly, what is YMMV!? :lol:

Second, I dont plan to release them into the main tank Righty, just grow them on in there. I have 7 escapees in the main tank, who come out everynight to see me!!

As things progress, they'll be seperated out in more breeder nets, and then sold on. Or that's the plan anyway.

I've noticed just lately that they have really taken to eating, and perfected the stretch and grab technique. So now they are munching like demons!!

Another trip to the beach tomorrow for mysis! Really enjoying watching the progression from egg to juvy, and will be sad to see them go.

But as I said 7 escapees in the main tank. There wont be food enough for them all in there soon, so what to do? 7 is too many anyway, was thinking 3 or 4, but do i attempt to catch them before they starve?? The other thing is they will likely fight if all survive in main tank, so really need to sort something.

For the time being, I am also feeding the main tank mysis too, so fingers crossed.

Righty, have yours acclimated to diurnal habits? Or are they strictly nocturnal.

Oh, I have a small vid to, nothing exciting, but shows them - will try and do a hunting vid tomorrow. I need to get a website sorted so I can host them!!

nice to see an update again!! sounds like things are going really well! (and the tank looks good!) For free webhosting, unless you are looking to setup a really really proffessional .com (without a subdomain in the url) website try www.atspace.com or www.freewebs.com (use the latter if you dont know html or cant be bothered writing a page!) - but it does have an ugly adress (www.freewebs.com/username as opposed to www.username.atspace.com) anyway freewebs is much simpler if you dont know html... Oh and both are free to make and host a site!

Anyway looks like things are going great!

Oh, if you want an example of the types of sites you can do without any html knowledge - i made one in 5 minutes (a copy of my main website) but don't use it because you cant use certain javascripts at freewebs - www.freewebs.com/uberwack - but dont bother reading it all i havent used it in ages! - good luck with the cuttles and the site! - if you need any help with the site pm me

Mikey said:
Firstly, what is YMMV!? :lol:

Your Milage May Vary. :biggrin2:

Second, I dont plan to release them into the main tank Righty, just grow them on in there. I have 7 escapees in the main tank, who come out everynight to see me!!

Gotcha!
How are you catching the mysids?

Righty, have yours acclimated to diurnal habits? Or are they strictly nocturnal.

Whenever I walk into the room where they live, the beg for food regardless of the time of day.

Oh, I have a small vid to, nothing exciting, but shows them - will try and do a hunting vid tomorrow. I need to get a website sorted so I can host them!!

Lemmie know if I can help - if you need hosting space, I would gladly give you some on my cuttle site.

Mikey.. thanks so much for your posting.. I hope to be someday following in your footsteps here in the U.S... love the updates and photos!
thanks again,
-Paul

I love how they are all lined up (or stacked up! lol!) and the 'walking' pic is great! How do you take those photos? are u using an underwater?

btw mikey is that a clarkii clown i see? And i still love skunk clowns - a lot of people say clown fish are too common and popular to be good in a reef but i still love em!

I'm somewhat of a clownfish freak actually, together with anemones and provide infor on them on the forums I mod. T

hat clown is a pretty much melanistic Clarkii, along with an A. Perideraion. Resulting of the loss of a female. Strange couple I know, just watching for any pair bonding behaviour.

Your Milage May Vary. :biggrin2:

Cheers for that Righty :lol:

How are you catching the mysids?

I visit the beach with a fine net, scrape it along the surface in an area of salt/fresh meeting, and voila!! Take them home in a bit of their water, and when I get home immediately do as close to a 100% water change as possible, firstly to increase the salinity, and secondly, to get them out of murly water which fouls quickly.

First change is drip acclimation, but then any other water changes (every other day), will consist of getting the new water up to SG and teamp, then literally netting the mysis from their old water, and into their new.

How do you take those photos? are u using an underwater?

No underwater camera, just with my Digital SLR, took advantage as I was moving them to get the pics. I just use the auto macro setting.

Thanks for all your help and words guys - website hopefully sorted soon, so I can share in the vids. Will try for some hunting ones today!

Nice pics Mike...

was out pricing insulation boards for the fish shed today, found some great stuff that is 3" of insulation foam sandwiched between aluminium sheets :smile: wont be too long...

You still got all of them? Any buyers yet?

Have all of them - no deaths! (Fingers crossed)

I have some earmarked for you mate - dont worry :lol: Also some going to a friend in an LFS in Yorkshire. Some interest in NE and also from London too!

I haven't even started advertising them for sale properly yet!

Just when I thought jealousy couldn't reach a higher point... it just did :mrgreen:

Your cuttles are really looking great, how long are you waiting before you start to seperate them? Any chance we could get some feeding videos or pictures? :smile:

yeh mikey im not an expert but i have a few sites so if you need a hand or want me to do a bit of it for you i have the holidays coming up! It'd be nice to do a page on cuttles!

... lol!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back