• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

S Bandensis

And if you look back at the start of this thread, it took from January to April for me to get mine - sometimes you get a lucky break!

IF and it is a big IF, mine pair and lay, me and righty could knock heads together over shipping at egg state I suppose, but dont fancy the survival rates much.

A fair few are going next week :frown: some to Colin, and some more to the sea life centres round the UK. Will be holding some back to grow on further though, and sell private me thinks!

wow - sounds like you got it all sorted...lol (good work!)

still no news of vids or the site - i bet you have been pretty busy!...

And RIGHTY!!! is that an octopus on your head!!! lol - i love the picture man! and i am guessing there is a story with it???

mickey looks like your doing an awesome job i hope you can be the first to start breeding these cuttles in captivity successfully. and would love to know everything you know on how to care for cuttles i would love to put some in my 55. i saw one at a LFS the other day and it was awesome to watch feed they are so unbeliveable creatures

oscar is australia pretty nice i want to move there really bad i went there on a class trip and had a blast and said i would live there some day how is it living there

Had a little experiment tonight!!

Took one dead river shrimp, and hap hazzardly tied it to some thread and floated inthe main tank - by jove the cuttles came right out and grabbed it!!

Least I know they will take dead food when i need to!

Need to find a better way of doing it though, string is hard to sink!! :lol:

Well, after the little experiment was lucky enough (or unluckly as i think it will turn out) to see 2 of my babies in the main tank square off (i think) to each other.

They were both sat side by side and then as I approached the larger cuttle changed colour and tilted sidewards to show the other it's back, strectched out as long as it could get. The colours were a brown/black/white show.

The larger one with it's back tilted moved toward the other in a pushing manner, and both had their arms splayed out. After movign around a bit, the smaller decided to grab the larger on it's tilted back. After which, they both resumed normal business.

Righty (or anyone), can you back up or explain.... pretty please??

CooL! - i hope it doesnt turn into something bad as you mentioned - perhaps they will just stay away from each other if the tank is big enough? lets hope so! (have you named them all yet - lol)

Yeh australia is good but then i haven't live anywhere else for long...

Hey Joel,

Well!! I have 10 in the main tank, of which I will remove and re-home a few if I can get them before fighting breaks out. Unfortunately, more escaped into the main tank than I hoped.

So i'm expecting some losses due to fighting, and after catching some (hopefully) fingers crossed it will leave me with maybe 3 or 4.

That's the plan Joel, if i'm lucky.

They escaped while performing swaps to their breeding nets. I had originally put 6 in the main tank, as I thought this would be a good number to work with to establish a breeding group (expecting some fighting losses of course).

So if all goes to plan, I'll have some form of breeding going on. Then I may possibly maybe ( :lol: ) look into distributing the eggs.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back