• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

protein skimmer

The smaller the tanksize the bigge the skimmer!

An Octo produce a lot of dirt and the few water in your tank should be clean enough for it. I think a powerful skimmer is necessary.

By the way I think your small tank is right large enough for a Bluering, not more! Think about to get a biggaone!

Greetz
Chris

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
well moron

a pygmy's entire lifespan could be somewhere between 6 months and 8 months depending on species ... sorry its not an exact measurement.

yes, you are right not to get a blue ring :smile:

Jakxx

O. bimaculoides
Registered
moron_aaron said:
whoa so the smaller the tank the BIGGER the skimmer must be?
wow first time heard such things since.......inverse proportions :lol:

It's actually quite easy to understand: The smaller the tank, the quicker the water gets polluted thus the bigger has the skimmer to be to effectively get the stuff out fast enough.

Also your tank IS too small. I'm sorry but thats an unalterable fact :|

hey guys i would graetly apreciate if u dun cal mee moron?hehe not making u do sumtin u dont want but i dun feel good with people calling me morn thanx

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
It's natural for people to pick up the name you've chosen, which is "moron_aaron".

The best way to avoid being called "moron" is not to make it part of your TONMO name, since it appears whenever you post.

Nancy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak