Poe Poe - O. hummelincki

I am back! :biggrin2:
Poe was well taken care of, Mark fed her a crab on Thurs. and Fri. she grabbed and ate them quickly. This after noon she ate a scallop. I dropped a crab in this evening she found it immediately. I noticed she found a den and I am not sure if I am happy or sad. She is collecting shells, I hope she is not going to brood :sad:
I checked the film, she has been denning at night, no more glass sitting. I shot this video Wednesday but was unable to share it before now. Poe is just being Poe. Walking around and swimming. I have never seen an octopus swim as much as she does.
This is a video...click on it

Those yellow/gold arm tips are certainly an interesting color arrangement.

Don't hold my feet to the fire on this but my males (my females brooded too quickly to have noted) swam a lot when they were young but then almost never as they aged. This could be because they just be came accustomed to the tank and there was not a good swimming distance available but I had the impression that aging and increased size had more to do with it.

Is Poe Poe's den up in the LR or on the sand?

I have talked about my securtiy camera I have on Poe's tank 24/7. I took a video of the screen so you all can see how I can review her activity. This is a video of a video, not the clearest but you can get the idea. Note..."Diablo's Tank" I have to change that.

This is what it looks like with the lights on.

At night time with night vision
(looks like glare on the glass but in person it is pitch black except for almost undetectable red light)

Someone has to teach me how to post videos from youtube.

My son was working on it. We had issues, a port was blocked, finally had to purchase a new router because it was out of warrenty and tech support cost more than the new router. Still having issues but he had to go back to school. One day I hope, but I am not holding my breath :sad:

The black and white (night) version with the sort of erie barely audible background "chanting" (I know it is not chanting but it almost sounds that way) gives kind of a cult aspect :sagrin:

Next time, before you replace a piece of computer hardware for lack of tech support, try looking for help on the internet using your hardware's model number. Both the manual and help from others is almost always available and your son can probably translate what he finds into a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back