Pics of Fluffy

Still keep a look out on his eye. The tetracycline should fight off anything bacterial that is associated with the one eye being different from the other. Good to know the octo is doing well. Also watch to see if more arms get bitten off because if so you could have a problem. I wouldn't worry yet though.

drakanorn;102115 said:
more good news, the eye seems to be back to normal. After today i think ill stop giving him tetracycline.

Usually, it's a good idea to continue to give antibiotics for some time after symptoms vanish to avoid the risk that a few resistant bacteria will re-infect. I'd recommend you keep up treatment for a short while, although others might know a lot more than I do about how this applies to cephs.

movie time :smile: turn sound of unless you want to hear what sounds like the heavy breathing of a murder movie star. that camera makes any noise stand out allot.

(hes still on tetracycline)

drakanorn;102439 said:
turn sound off unless you want to hear what sounds like the heavy breathing of a murder movie star. that camera makes any noise stand out allot.

I don't know, sounds almost like you are diving :wink:

He certainly has wonderfully long legs!

That red on the mantle, whilte arms is similar to what I've seen on a briareus before, but Fluffy doesn't seem to have much webbing between her arms.
Do you ever see a blue-green color on her?

Nice octopus!

Nancy

hes blue-green most of the time, but the in the second vid my dad was in the room to so that got fluffy a little extra excited. in the first vid thats actually their first time iv ever seen him with his legs so different than his head. he also often sports red blotches.

legsii0.jpg

you can see the tree legs he arrived missing growing back.

Fluffy looks like a fun one.

If you get an opportunity, I'd love to see shots of how those new legs attach to the head area of the octo... I've been trying to learn about the musculature of octo arms, and I can't find much information on how they the muscles attach to the "brachial crown" where they all come together, and I hadn't even considered how the muscles might work as they're growing back. New suckers are added at the end, and the base just gets wider, right (as opposed to the growth happening at the base, for example)?

drakanorn;102485 said:
ill be sure to pay extra attention to those little arms of his and see about that picture.

thanks! I appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back