Phase 1 of moving cuttlefish

Thanks for the advice Paradox. Tonight we saw that Scrunchy had a shrimp in her tentacles, so I know at least one of them is eating. Each cuttle has her own part of the tank that they like to hang out in, so I can tell them apart (for the moment...).

Woohoo,

My LFS agreed to take the yellow-tail damsels and the maroon clown in trade for hermit crabs! Now all I have to do is catch them...:goofysca: Then the percula clown can live in the 55 gallon until the cuttles are big enough to move...

It pays to have a good relationship with a LFS! :biggrin2:

Finally caught the camel-back shrimp tonight and moved her to the 55 gallon. Just in time, since I saw Cuddly catch a shrimp the same size as the camel-back :shock: .

The cuttles seem to be growing bigger right before my eyes, I don't know if it is being released into the big tank, or just a growth spurt, but every day they look bigger.

Here's the latest picture of Baby A

Attachments

• conv_289391.jpg
    conv_289391.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 58
I got 15 hermits for the yellow tail damsels and the maroon clown. Of course, I had to take almost every piece of live rock out of the tank to catch the damsels... and I could only find two instead of three. Either he went the same way as the six-lined wrasse or he is still hiding, :shock: .

I had to laugh at the LFS guy, he was trying to catch a six-lined wrasse for someone when I got there. He was only using one net, and the tank was filled with live rock. He was not successful. Those six-lined wrasses are wily...

Ive made fishtraps with 2 litter bottles before and successfully caught a flame angel out of my reef. I had food in it, and a trap door that closed quickly if i let go a string. I had the string held by a weight on my desk, so if I happened to see the fish in the bottle, i can just let the string go.

:shock: :bugout: :goofysca: Ok, I put the percula clown in the tank (from the sump) last night... this morning I found her in the sump again... she had to jump in the overflow, travel down the pipe, wiggle through some foam, bioballs and squeeze through a slit to arrive in the sump. How did she do it? Why did she do it? Is this what happened to the other fish??? I may have to set up the video camera...

I was watching the giant squid special on the Discovery Channel tonight when I ran downstairs during a commercial break. Scrunchy was putting on the most amazing display of colors and textures. Unfortunately most of the pictures turned out blurry.

Attachments

• conv_289410.jpg
    conv_289410.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 54
  • conv_289411.jpg
    conv_289411.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 89

Latest Posts