• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Phase 1 of moving cuttlefish

Fini

Wonderpus
Registered
cuttlegirl said:
I don't think I will be letting the little clownfish try to make it, I think he will have to live in the sump.
I always think of the sump as the ghetto.

Originally posted by DHyslop I'm impressed! How big was the wrasse?

It was small, only about an inch long - it was the same size as the damsels. For the first half a day, it was holding its own against the damsels (and the clown that was 2x its size...) but they must of ganged up on him... I checked behind the tank to see if he jumped out, but no body. It's a mystery.

The wrasse acted more like a damsel, flitting in and out of the rocks, annoying the little clownfish, I never saw him bury in the sand in the 30 gallon. I will keep searching in the hopes of finding him...

Due to a major inking event by Scrunchy, the clownfish is being drip acclimatized to live in the 55 gallon's sump and Scrunchy was released to the wilds of the 30 gallon. She promptly retreated into the rock-work, probably never to be seen again... but she did seem happier once released. The other two aren't as big and will be released once I get my next shipment of shrimp (I only have 9 shrimp left :shock: ).

Can you find Scrunchy? Give up? See next post for a hint.

Attachments

• conv_289342.jpg
    conv_289342.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 54
I saw Scrunchy this morning, and haven't spotted her again. The other two are still in the breeder tanks.

How do I know if they eat in the big tank? Do I just put enough shrimp in there to make sure they can find them?

Baby A and Cuddly made the transition today. I am a little worried that they are males. They squared off with each other right after I released them...

Attachments

• conv_289362.jpg
    conv_289362.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 60
Females can sometime exhibit the same behaviour. I usually drop food in at the same place. Soon they will alwys be in that spot, begging for food.

When they are young, i try to put a couple shrimps in to see if i can lure them out. If they dont come out, Ill throw a few more in to ensure that they will eventually eat.

I structured my rocks so most of the hiding places can be seen from certain angles and had a powerhead blowing across the back side of the tank, so they dont frequent those areas as much. It helps a lot in keeping track of them..

Latest Posts