• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Octopus tank

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I decided to post what my setup is for my soon to be octopus. Please give me any suggestions to make it better.

-110 gal. glass tank
-100 lbs of live rock
-20 gal. sump with wet/dry trickle filter and sponge
-10 gallon refugium with mangroves and chaeto
-Cascade canister filter w/ activated carbon
-ASM skimmer for up to 200 gal.

That sounds like most of the stuff..
Is this good? should i add anything? Take away anything?
Thanks

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
yea im having trouble with that, i have window screen and all but i wanna make it in a way that it keeps the octo inside but if i want to take the top off its not hard

I tried velcro, but that didn't really work. Next time I am ready for an octopus, I am going to get a couple bricks to put on the lid so it is hard to open but I can move them when I want in.

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i was thinking i could make frame to connect the window screen to and then i could have latches that secure it down. That way i could un-latch it and take the screen out, and then just latch it back in.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
You'll need more than bricks. I used duct tape all around the cover and then put a heavy brick on top.

Nancy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak