• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

If you get an Indo one it will usually be an A. aculeatus. I don't think there have been enough people ordering from the other areas in order to get any kind of consistency on species.

Baby O. Briareus Available - K&P Aquatics

K&P Aquatics still have a baby O. briareus available (one of the 4 shown above). I did not realize they were not all taken :oops: You can contact them through the www.sealifeinc.net website if interested. They will be going on vacation next week so need to ship the animal before next Thursday.

sealifeinc.net is a great site. Good people and they often get nice species of animals like mantis shrimps and octopuses.

I am kind of fond of them myself :wink: (was webmaster for Ken for years - SealifeInc is transitioning to K&P Aquatics now run by daughter Kara and son-in-law Philipp - website in transition to new format and new name but getting all the old features in the new site has caused them some delay).

DWhatley;191199 said:
K&P Aquatics still have a baby O. briareus available (one of the 4 shown above). I did not realize they were not all taken :oops: You can contact them through the www.sealifeinc.net website if interested. They will be going on vacation next week so need to ship the animal before next Thursday.

I'm thinking of picking up this little guy. Right now I have a four bulb T5 HO light fixture rated for 96 watts on a 25 inch tall tank. Do you think this would be too much light? Would it discourage day time activity?

I'm thinking of picking up this little guy. Right now I have a four bulb T5 HO light fixture rated for 96 watts on a 25 inch tall tank. Do you think this would be too much light? Would it discourage day time activity?

No that is fine. They are pretty nocturnal when they are young, but the adults are a mix or crepuscular and diurnal so lights wont bother them.

Three O. briareus available from K&P Aquatics

Kara and Philipp have three O. briareus. They are $90 shipped ($45 for octo and $45 for shipping). These appear to be a good size for survival (#2 is smaller than 1 and 3). Contact them at www.sealifeinc.net if interested.

They also found an O. hummelincki. I will be getting that one but she is not in the best of shape and definitely older.

Attachments

• conv_300257.jpg
    conv_300257.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 146
  • conv_300258.jpg
    conv_300258.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 113
  • conv_300259.jpg
    conv_300259.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 134
Hard to say the picture is not that great. Says it is from Indonesia, bali, but it is not an aculeatus the arms are too short to be one. My guess would be that it is a dwarf and not a baby.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back