• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

[Sold Out]: California two-spot octopus (O. bimaculoides) ($100 ea.+$50 shipping; US only)

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
FOR SALE: Two-spot octopus (O. bimaculoides)

We currently have three [3] two-spot octopuses available for sale, at $100 each + $50 shipping (US only).
  • Small: [SOLD] ~1.5 inch ML (mantle length)
  • Medium: [SOLD] ~2.5 inch ML
  • Large: [NO LONGER AVAILABLE] ~3.5 inch ML
Eligibility [IMPORTANT]:
- Prior to your order being accepted, you must first start a thread in our TANK TALK forum, and include a photo of your ceph-ready tank, along with specifications (water temp, ph, etc.). Orders placed without a an associated thread will be canceled and refunded.
- Shipments are currently limited to the United States.
- We accept Paypal and major credit cards.

Once you receive your octo, we strongly encourage you to share tank specifications, pictures, stories and details of their ceph-keeping experience by starting a journal. This is important for the success of the program and the well-being of the cephalopods. Your participation will be taken into account when assessing approval of any future purchases. We take care to ensure positive identification of species made available through this program and the well-being of these cephs (and advancement in our collective learnings) is critical to its success.

Program Notes:
  • Please allow 2-3 business days for order processing.
  • Orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis. If you somehow place an order after we've run out of stock, your order will be canceled and refunded.
  • All sales are final. Transport is best effort - we cannot guarantee survival on shipment. We will refund half of costs assuming well-documented description of the problem via email to [email protected].
  • We remind you to review our cephalopod care ethics and guidelines.
  • We will offer complete transparency about this program in the forum above (failures, successes, etc.).

Last edited:
Thanks @Nancy! We are working on getting pics, but these 3 do vary in size. We'll consult with customers once an order is placed.

BTW, please do allow up to 24 hours for correspondence after initial order.

Sizes are small, medium and large -- I've also edited the seed post with this info:

Small: ~1.5 inch ML (mantle length)
Medium: ~2.5 inch ML
Large: ~3.5 inch ML

This is a very good octopus to keep. Many of our members have had positive experiences with O. bimaculoides, but they have been difficult to find recently.

Nancy

@tonmo When I click buy I am only being requested to pay $100. Will shipping be billed at a later time?
THANK YOU for reporting this, and sorry about the early program glitch. This should now be fixed, can you try again? Also - let me know your preference of Small, Medium or Large as noted above. We'll improve the checkout process going forward. Thanks again!

Honestly. I'm not entirely sure. I would prefer larger but not if that means older necessarily.

Prefer younger (if age is at all estimated)

It would be going in a large tank so if they are presumed all around the same age but one Octo seems to be on the larger side of the spectrum, then that would better suite the tank for sure.

I'll pay and get a post going once the kids are asleep. I would be very grateful and I would 100% do a weekly journal if afforded the opportunity to keep the holy grail of octopus (imo)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back