• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

mtlarsen

O. vulgaris
Registered
Yes I am on their notification list I just had an unfortunate Ammonia spike that ruined my plans. I am going to try and hold out for a Briareus in Nov-Dec. However I am finding it difficult to wait. Please post pictures of your new acquisition when he/she is settled. Congratulations snowmaker!

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I was watching for a new journal notice, expecting one of our group having acquired at least one of the new Live Aquaria octos :wink:. I do think they usually get more than one when they post availability so I always look for new members too. They often run in batches between one month and two weeks apart when they start showing up.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Be careful with collecting lobster, as there is a minium tail length in season (and not catching out of season) in FL and I assume the same applies to ME. Somehow I don't think a game warden will understand , "but officer, this is for my aquarium".

Well RATS! I got the notice from Live Aquaria, at 10:30- AM yesterday that they were shipping my octopus yesterday for pick up today. I thought it odd that they didn't provide tracking # (should have been a red flag for me) - but I know the young woman at the shipper and she has let me pick up w/ out tracking (she just cannot locate w/ out tracking #), so I just went this morning - only to find out that they have no record of anything coming from the West coast to me.
I drove back home (45 min 1 way), called Live Aquaria and found out it did not ship, for whatever reason - they weren't specific, and that they do not have any to ship.

What a disappointment and waste of the morning, not to mentioned tank work and collecting foods...
So now the order is on "back order" and they tell me I will have first dibs on any that come in. For all we know (the operator and myself) they could have prepared to ship and found it dead. I just would have appreciated an email or phone call. I guess I'll know better next time.