• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Yes I am on their notification list I just had an unfortunate Ammonia spike that ruined my plans. I am going to try and hold out for a Briareus in Nov-Dec. However I am finding it difficult to wait. Please post pictures of your new acquisition when he/she is settled. Congratulations snowmaker!

I was watching for a new journal notice, expecting one of our group having acquired at least one of the new Live Aquaria octos :wink:. I do think they usually get more than one when they post availability so I always look for new members too. They often run in batches between one month and two weeks apart when they start showing up.

I heard Plymouth Pet in Plymouth NH gets octopus in occasionally. He may ship if asked.
Fish | plymouthpet

Great success collecting yesterday evening. Many small crabs. I almost brought home a 3" lobster, but figured wouldn't be worth it if caught with it. Good news is I saw my N. Atlantic pipefish (caught collecting) eating... OK gorging, on small (

Be careful with collecting lobster, as there is a minium tail length in season (and not catching out of season) in FL and I assume the same applies to ME. Somehow I don't think a game warden will understand , "but officer, this is for my aquarium".

Well RATS! I got the notice from Live Aquaria, at 10:30- AM yesterday that they were shipping my octopus yesterday for pick up today. I thought it odd that they didn't provide tracking # (should have been a red flag for me) - but I know the young woman at the shipper and she has let me pick up w/ out tracking (she just cannot locate w/ out tracking #), so I just went this morning - only to find out that they have no record of anything coming from the West coast to me.
I drove back home (45 min 1 way), called Live Aquaria and found out it did not ship, for whatever reason - they weren't specific, and that they do not have any to ship.

What a disappointment and waste of the morning, not to mentioned tank work and collecting foods...
So now the order is on "back order" and they tell me I will have first dibs on any that come in. For all we know (the operator and myself) they could have prepared to ship and found it dead. I just would have appreciated an email or phone call. I guess I'll know better next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back