• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Just received a juvenile o.vulgaris(?) from an eBay listing. It came DOA due to the bag perfing inside the box. Looked like it would have been a nice one. Very disappointed. Hope the seller will make good on this.

Oh, Zombie... so sorry to hear of the loss. I hope the same fate doesn't come to the briareus I won. It'll be here tomorrow, I'll post the news. Let us know how the seller handles the DOA.

My briareus arrived today... he appears to be healthy and has 8 wonderfully long legs. He turns a reddish-brown color when stressed, but is a beautiful whiteish-bluegreen with flashing brown spots when more relaxed. No name for him yet, my son wants to observe him for a few days first. Will keep everyone posted in the appropriate forum and get some picture too.

HMMMM dunno about the eBay listing that states that briareus will eat aiptasia????? :/

Hi Nancy... his mantle is about 2-inches high and his legs probably 7-inches long. I think he's already made a meal of a turbo snail that was in the tank. He's probably hungry after his long trip. Does anyone soak their frozen foods in vitamins before feeding? I can't wait to get some pictures, I'll be posting them as soon as I get some good ones.

I received my octo from Richard at TampaBay saltwater yesterday. Arrived in excellent condition. Very nice and very healthy! It is supposed to be a o.vulgaris. I will put pics on later today for all to see and let me know what species it is.

Good news and bad news. Good news is that the octopus is doing well, she is a she because sge laid eggs (4-5 clusters of small eggs). She also has faded looking spots on each side, so I am assuming that she is not a vulgaris. I would have guessed from the source that I would get a true vulgaris. Is it so difficult to get one????

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back