Octopus Availability

hidden reef reopening

:welcome: :welcome:
SpawnoChaos;74940 said:
I just wanted to let you all know that while I was looking at setting up an aggressive species tank I stopped by That Pet Place in Lancaster Pennsylvania (its about 40 minutes north of me) and they DO sell octos. However, when I was there last (about 1 month ago) the octo that they had there was classified as "common brown octopus"... which kind of made me laugh since there is nothing "common" or "brown" about most octos.

Also, The Hidden Reef that was mentioned earlier that is located in downtown Philly recently burned to the ground in some sort of freak fire accident. I hear that they are rebuilding and will be open for business again, though I am not sure when that is going to be. I'll try to see what I can find out.

the hidden reef was located in northeast philly not downtown.they have relocated to bristol pa. area in amuch larger building.I stopped by a couple weeks ago and the large fish room area was not yet operational.Isee the new place as a mini That pet place and I cant wait for the fish room to be completed as it was the best fish store in philly before the fire but now it looks to be bigger and better.

frye

Hatchling
Registered
I've been reading up on octopus and preparing myself a tank for a few months now. $1000 so far and I haven't got a living thing yet. :wink: Anyhow, the shop that I deal with rarely gets them in. The fish market across the street gets them in as well and the owner told me that they sell them to my shop. Is there a good reason for not making a deal with the fish market to get an octopus? And one more question... has anyone ever put 2 or 3 babys in a tank at the same time? I know that they are solitary, but I would love to actually have a breeding pair, even if I had to drop another grand for a spare tank.

wpatrick

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
After Octo

I have two tanks a 240 And I am looking for a big Octo and a 50 Little Octo. So if anybody has any for sale let me know. Big Octo are hard to find.

tywtly

GPO
Registered
Ok, I didn't look through any of the other pages of this topic, so sorry if this has already been asked, but will anyone have any young bimacs in about 4-6 months that they would sell me for cheap? Thanks...

bwidner

Hatchling
Registered
didnt read all 29 pages but southwest reef co. gets them on occasion, and will order anything for you on demand. He has the knowledge and expertise for anything I have even seen him raise a black tipped reef shark in his old store where he had a 1000 gallon pond for it! At one point he had a bimac for about 3 months before someone bought it and he regularly would play with it!

Latest Posts