• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Its worth mentioning there's no way on Earth that Marine Depot knows how to identify any octopus to the species level, much less differentiate O. bimaculoides and O. bimaculatus.

I truly believe that anyone interested in a cephalopod is better off waiting for availability from a diver or hobby breeder here on TONMO than ordering from any retailer.

Dan

So, today I lost all but one of my fish (a clown goby who took the 90+F temps) to a heater that failed on. Now, assuming that my tank comes back strong from this reletively soon I'd like to put an octo into it. Its a 24 gallon aquapod, but I'm buying a 29 gallon and I could very easily move the LR and filter floss over and have a stable set up thats a tad bigger.

So what kind of Octo and where could I get it?

Hurry if you need an Octo

I just checked I know someone that works at liveaquaria and they now have a shipment of Indo Pacific octos in they have limited supply... I have done countless business with them and they are awesome with everything and shipping I have never had a problem...
Hope this help
-Tony

hey everyone. being a states based site, am not surprised that everyone in this thread is talking about US suppliers, but living in south london, england, its just no good! lol
does ANYONE no of any suppliers in the uk for octopus, or anything that could point me in the right direction?

with apologies to dean567, i have bimacs still. maybe 30. i will hold back about 10 hoping for captive gravid females that will lay eggs. i have a few ceramic pots that they are using for dens now. i dont know if 9 months is old or not. i expect them to live past 12 mo. maybe 15-18 mo. who knows? i would still like to find good homes for many of them. i've been selling them for $20 plus fedex shipping costs. as those of you have read my article in the june TFH mag know, i 've had a great time with this project. thanks to all who helped me and have had my babies in their home aquaria. zyan

shipposhack;94805 said:
Zyan do you plan on having any mid-late july? I know you probably will just have ones that don't sell, but just wondered. Also how old are they right now?
I would be intrested as well I am working on seting up a superior system now....

The Tonmo email system has been experiencing problems but you might try a private message in addition to your post since the post may not show at the top of the list but a PM will notify him that there is a message when he next signs in

Thanks dwhatley but Zyan got a hold of me.

p.s. does the name Whatley have anything to do with Jack Whatley of discus fame?

thanks
Dan

Dan,
I did keep a couple of Discus before reventuring into saltwater (last died about 6 months ago but some of the other critters keep my last FW running and preventing me from using it as a sump :cool2:) but the name spelling is different, the expert is Wattley, the novice is Whatley :tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back