• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo feeding questions

How many times a day do you feed your octo?
During lights on or off?
How often do you feed frozen compared to live?
What frozen foods do you use?
What live foods do you use?
Roughly, how much money do you go through a week feeding your octo?
Would frozen cockle in shell be a good food for octos?
Would frozen krill be a good food?
Do you buy any live foods form bait shops? If so, what foods?
Do you have a seperate tank for holding live foods?

Sorry for all the Q's!

How many times a day do you feed your octo?
I have always fed mine dailey if they are looking. Others go a day or two before they want more.

During lights on or off? My light is on continuously.

How often do you feed frozen compared to live? In the winter, I have frozen crabs, that we have collected over the warm months.

What frozen foods do you use? shrimp, prawn, I find they like fresh better than frozen, unless I have frozen the food myself and know it was freshly frozen.

What live foods do you use? Locally caught crabs, snails, killies, clams etc.

Roughly, how much money do you go through a week feeding your octo? I'm very lucky to live by the shore.

Would frozen cockle in shell be a good food for octos? No idea

Would frozen krill be a good food? I have found most love frozen prawn.

Do you buy any live foods form bait shops? If so, what foods? Yes, the green crabs and fiddlers used for bait.

Do you have a seperate tank for holding live foods? I have a 15 gal. salt tank in my kitchen just for storing live food.

Be interesting to hear what others have to say. And questions are never a bad thing!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back