• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My friends dwarf octo laid fertile eggs! Video inside with babies in them!!

Hadla

Wonderpus
Registered
EDIT: ok forgot a few things now that the initial excitement wore off... he got the mom from salty bottom and found out from them that it is a joubini but if any experts here think differently, please let me know! I can get pics of her if the video doesn’t help :smile: I’m totally excited to raise some if they survive the first few days. I’ll set up a breeder net or two in my biocube (has been my longest running tank now... I wanna say 6ish years?) and can buy them tiny pods if needed until they’re big enough for either regular pods or frozen mysis. I found this thread: Raising Octopus Hatchlings Links so I will be reading up on all of it!

They are so adorable! He promised me one so I can’t wait!!! But I just started thinking if hatchlings can coexist in a big enough tank, OMG 😂 I’ll take three!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back