• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

My friends dwarf octo laid fertile eggs! Video inside with babies in them!!

Hadla

GPO
Registered
EDIT: ok forgot a few things now that the initial excitement wore off... he got the mom from salty bottom and found out from them that it is a joubini but if any experts here think differently, please let me know! I can get pics of her if the video doesn’t help :smile: I’m totally excited to raise some if they survive the first few days. I’ll set up a breeder net or two in my biocube (has been my longest running tank now... I wanna say 6ish years?) and can buy them tiny pods if needed until they’re big enough for either regular pods or frozen mysis. I found this thread: Raising Octopus Hatchlings Links so I will be reading up on all of it!

They are so adorable! He promised me one so I can’t wait!!! But I just started thinking if hatchlings can coexist in a big enough tank, OMG 😂 I’ll take three!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hadla

GPO
Registered
I’m so excited at the thought of raising one so I know exactly how old they are!!!!

Latest Forum Posts