My first O. Hummelincki

Pictures as the tank is now. Everything is pretty much where I want it except for the sand still needs to be smoothed out and the water level needs to be higher.

Attachments

• conv_296405.jpg
    conv_296405.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
  • conv_296406.jpg
    conv_296406.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • conv_296407.jpg
    conv_296407.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • conv_296408.jpg
    conv_296408.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
More pictures. Sorry some of the pictures are blurry at best. The reef looks a lot better than in the pictures. I'm still not sure if I'll leave the oyster reef in the middle where it is now. I'm pretty sure Bubbles still calls that home so unless she moves, for the time being it'll stay there.

Attachments

• conv_296409.jpg
    conv_296409.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
  • conv_296410.jpg
    conv_296410.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
Updated pictures of Bubbles.

Attachments

• conv_296414.jpg
    conv_296414.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • conv_296413.jpg
    conv_296413.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
  • conv_296412.jpg
    conv_296412.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
  • conv_296411.jpg
    conv_296411.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Bubbles seems to really enjoy the new reef I put together. She was crawling all over. I took as many nice pictures as I could before I stirred up the sand to even it out. Now the tank has clouded up once more. I'm not sure how long it will take to clear back up, but as soon as the water is CRYSTAL I'll take some better pictures.

Well Bubbles has been sitting in the same spot all night, and I got a few good pictures of her.

Attachments

• conv_296429.jpg
    conv_296429.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
  • conv_296428.jpg
    conv_296428.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • conv_296427.jpg
    conv_296427.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • conv_296426.jpg
    conv_296426.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
So for some reason Bubbles hasn't been coming out a whole lot lately. She's been staying in her den most of the time, and only comes out when I crawl behind the tank and she can see me. I'm guessing she's like "Ooh time to eat." everytime she sees me because she comes out, grabs her food, then goes back in.

My fiance helped me record this while I fed Bubbles tonight. I was able to get her to swim around for a little bit. It was so cute. She would barely move. She looked like a little black blob bouncing in the water with all of her arms pulled in tight and barely pulsing her mantel.

Here are two videos of today's morning feeding. I was surprised to see Bubbles out and about because for the past week or so she's been staying in or on her little oyster reef. You can kind of get an idea for her size with the first video as she is exploring a Maxi-Jet 1200. I surprised myself with the video quality of the second one, and my ability to catch her every move and still be able to feed her at the same time(not as easy as you think in such a large tank).

One of these days you are going to wake up to find either your octo or stingray dead. This is a very bad situation you are putting together here. Bubbles would probably come out more if she wasnt worried about becoming ray food. Obviously your ray is not afraid of the octo

I understand your concern, but honestly Bubbles gets more scared by the two damsels than she does the stingray. There are plenty of places in the tank where she can hang out that the stingray cannot get to her. The stingray doesn't even bother her. It just swims around by itself, totally ignoring the other animals in the tank. I don't think it's fear of the stingray that has been keeping her hidden. I think it was our little disagreement that has kept her secluded. (See my post earlier about her grabbing my fingers and not letting go). My fiance woke me up this morning as she was getting ready for work to show me that Bubbles was out and about again, and she stayed like this (while the stingray was swimming around like always) four about an hour or so until I fed her. Which like Bubbles always does, grabs her food and rushes back to a safe hiding place to eat. I'm certain she'll be back out later today and I'll try to get some more photos. The stingray hasn't grown much since I got it almost 5 - 6 months ago (I'm guestimating the time), so I'm hoping it stays within an equal size with the octopus so there is no tension between the two like it has been thus far.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back