• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Live Rock

Like I said in my other subject Im trying to get situated with live rock. Im trying to find the best quality/price even though those two things are opposite. I have never seen live rock at my LFS and shipping is expensive. Where do most people buy it? (besides www.fishsupply.com)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi,
Check out
http://thefishstore.com/

This store claims to be one of the largest retail LFSs in the nation. They have a number of different kinds of live rock.

Also, there is a list of LFSs under
www.atlantareefclub.org

Nancy

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
I am lucky enough to have a local fish store that sells great live rock...red fiji, etc...for about 7 bucks a pound retail. I strongly suggest buying local...the shipped in stuff is usually reef-crap. Plus, you have to age it before putting it in the tank...whereas a lfs will do that for you! Hence the added cost. But price in the price per pound to ship, add the aging...and there you are.
Greg

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Whoops! What was I thinking! make that 5 a pound...
I knew I should have paid more attention in math class...

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak