Identifying Ammonite

Echioceras

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hello again,

I originally posted this on my Introduction, but then decided it would have a better place here! I am trying to identify a rouge ammonite in my collection that I've had trouble with since its rediscovery. Here's a picture:
Picture011.jpg

I found this in Castellane in France in 2003, but at the time wasn't interested, as I was only 8. But it's been really annoying me, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :sink:

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Echioceras,
Is it possible you could post some pictures of the other ammonites you found with this one? Seeing some of them may be helpful in finding an ID for this one. :smile:

Echioceras

Cuttlefish
Registered
Sure thing... I actually took some pictures before, but for some reason I couldn't find them. Ah, it works. Here we are:
Cheese1.jpg

Cheese2.jpg

Cheese3.jpg

Sorry all of the pictures are taken with a webcam, it just takes too long to use a digital camera.

Echioceras

Cuttlefish
Registered
Thanks!

P.S Really happy: just found a perfect condition Bivalve in my garden! Here's a picture:
Picture017.jpg

P.P.S Sorry that ever since I came to the forum I've only talked about fossils - it's just that this has really been bugging me and I'm desperate for help. Thanks for all of the warm welcomes, and I hope to talk normally soon.

Echioceras

Cuttlefish
Registered
I found this picture on the internet. I'm not saying it's my ammonite, but if this type exists then my one could have a similar structure. Maybe the lower whorl is damaged?
hildo3x2.gif