• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Finally Cycled!!!!

Sorry I just had to share my enthusiasm. It's felt like the longest month ever, the ammonia hit 0 last week and the nitrite was real low yesterday and 0 today. I'm gonna have the lfs order a couple things for cleanup crew and maybe add a little more cured live rock. I know about the three month rule, so I'm not rushing for the bimac. I'll keep a close eye on the water parameters and make sure they don't fluctuate.
ps. I had an octopus dream last night. I was at some pet store and they had like 10 baby octos in a tank but they weren't bimacs, i held one and it bit me 3 times as it climbed up my arm. But I was so excited that I didn't care. Hmmm...wonder what Freud would say?

probably something about your father i bet???? :smile:

Anyway, if you are having clear readings on ammonia and nitrate then things are looking good... Chances are a SMALL octo would fit in sooner than 3 months... Just as long as nothing too drastic happens when you put in some test pilots (em er.. i mean clean up crew)

C

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back