• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Finally Cycled!!!!

Sorry I just had to share my enthusiasm. It's felt like the longest month ever, the ammonia hit 0 last week and the nitrite was real low yesterday and 0 today. I'm gonna have the lfs order a couple things for cleanup crew and maybe add a little more cured live rock. I know about the three month rule, so I'm not rushing for the bimac. I'll keep a close eye on the water parameters and make sure they don't fluctuate.
ps. I had an octopus dream last night. I was at some pet store and they had like 10 baby octos in a tank but they weren't bimacs, i held one and it bit me 3 times as it climbed up my arm. But I was so excited that I didn't care. Hmmm...wonder what Freud would say?

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
probably something about your father i bet???? :smile:

Anyway, if you are having clear readings on ammonia and nitrate then things are looking good... Chances are a SMALL octo would fit in sooner than 3 months... Just as long as nothing too drastic happens when you put in some test pilots (em er.. i mean clean up crew)

C

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lryan

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak