• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Feeding a bimac..

what would be best to feed a bimac i want variety so he doesnt get just the same old this or that...
and what would be like a treat and what would be like a regular food...remember variety
I want a very happy satified octo!:lol:

I heard that people use hermit crabs..if so where would you get like petco's land hermits or what? and would you give just shell and all?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
The favorite food is crabs, but saltwater crabs - such as hermit crabs, fiddlers, or even larger crabs as your octo grows. These are fed live. Shrimp is also good, either live or thawed frozen. Some octos will accept fresh scallops and mussels (cracked).

Nancy

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annainbrooklyn

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak