• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Eventual octopus home

Have kept 2 brown Pacific and one wunderpus in the past years. Setting up a 170g Waterbox w/ 50g sump now, in anticipation of re-starting my octopus-keeping adventures. Besides starting a culture of grass shrimp, any other suggestions for live food-sourcing?

cool, looking forward to your project! Waaaayyy back in the day, I used to supply live brine shrimp for feeding, but my supplier stopped selling. But I do know that brine shrimp / mysids are popular ways to go.

Sound good info / resources here:

cool, looking forward to your project! Waaaayyy back in the day, I used to supply live brine shrimp for feeding, but my supplier stopped selling. But I do know that brine shrimp / mysids are popular ways to go.

Sound good info / resources here:
I have a setup I haven’t used, yet! This is perfect!
Thanks

What would you like to know?
I am well on my way to setting up what I hope to be a first class 215 gallon tank designed and being professionally built for a single Bimac Octopus. I have a concern that once ready I will be unable to locate a young Bimac. Trying to get my ducks in a row now.

I am well on my way to setting up what I hope to be a first class 215 gallon tank designed and being professionally built for a single Bimac Octopus. I have a concern that once ready I will be unable to locate a young Bimac. Trying to get my ducks in a row now.
Not related to anything cephalopod-ish, but of what field are you a doctor? What made you look for a bimac, specifically (trying to decide, myself).

No we usually have them but give me heads up when you are close to being ready cause we don’t always have small ones. Thank u

I have just received two bimacs, one small one very small. The larger appears to have settled into its 210 gallon tank. Has already consumed several small clams. The very small is in a 55 gallon “holding tank” until it’s 120 gallon tank is being completed.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back