• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Cuttlefish Eggs: What to do?

Hey guys, I just order dwarf cuttle eggs from NY Aquatics. They came in today! I am very excited! The eggs are all in a bundle (probably 15 eggs?) with a few shriveled up eggs. Should I leave the eggs in this bundle? Or seperate them into seperate eggs? Also, should I remove all the shriveled eggs?

If they are already hatched, they are not going to hurt the water quality. If they are dead, they might, but you have to be careful not to damage the other eggs/embryos. I would still just leave them be, in the wild, they hatch like that and often there are multiple animals depositing eggs, so the babies hatch at different times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuroraVK

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak