• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

Paradox if you are located on the east coast (so shipping isnt too much) i would be very interested, send me a PM whenever you have either eggs or hatchlings available.

Paradox i am in Seattle and i am upgrading my 30 gal reef tank to 55 gal and in two to three months will want some eggs to start breeding if possible at that time.

ditto. i have a 55 reef that has been waiting for cuttle eggs!!! i desperatly want to try to raise then breed..... only if they are from different genepools though.... PLEASE PM me when eggs are available....
Thanks!

Hiya treefiddy.

I cant guarantee what Ill have then. Im still trying to figure out what factors affect successful viability rates in eggs. So far further batches of eggs seem problematic. You will not need a larger tank until they are adults. You can always purchase a few that I have now for they will probably need to be in a breeder net for a couple of months anyways since they are small.

AquaForce;116901 said:
ditto. i have a 55 reef that has been waiting for cuttle eggs!!! i desperatly want to try to raise then breed..... only if they are from different genepools though.... PLEASE PM me when eggs are available....
Thanks!

I just had some eggs laid - you get some if they are fertile for being so cool about the occy. :biggrin2:

Octos and Cuttle eggs - Central Florida

The Hidden Reef
3645 N US 1
Cocoa, FL 32926
636-9006(not sure of the area code)

They had 2 mimics for $200 and what I think might have been a Briar for $30, as of 5/2. The guy said he forgot the name but that he came from Nicaragua. *shrug*. He has a fairly decent sized wholesale/retail operation and claims to get octos in weekly. I asked about cuttles and he said he had just sold a Flamboyant the previous week, for $150, and that sadly, the customer murdered it. Found this place by accident on a pipefish and seagrass collecting expedition. Largest availability of salt critters Ive seen so far in Central Florida. Huge warehouse.

--------
Pet Safari
209 N US Highway 17/92
Longwood, FL 32750
(407) 388-0738

A friend just called me to inform me that Pet Safari has cuttle eggs for $8.99. Not sure of the name, quantity, or how often they get them in stock.

octo

does anyone know where i can get a vulgaris? i just lost my macropus. and i have a 300 gal up and ready. or a cyana or a bi-pedal? any help would be appreciated

Cuttles for the school

i am looking for some cuttles for the West Hawaii Explorations Academy we have lots of experience with octopus and other marine animals such as the scalloped hammerhead and sea horses is it possible in any way to get like 3 eggs in September of this year??

look the school up At Http://www.whea.net

Mahalo Nui Loa

Kyle,:sink:

:welcome: to TONMO!

This is the thread to keep an eye on, but I expect no one's going to be certain about supply that much in advance...

Since you're a school, you may be able to order from the NRCC, although they may only have larger cuttles like officinalis and pharonis, while Thales, Paradox, and a few others have smaller bandensis.

no we have not that may be a viable option be we are more interested in Eggs preferably of cuttlefish that are not next to invisible when they are born like Sepia bandensis is and we don't want something that is so we need to put in the shark tank
babies are always cool :baby: although it'd be fun to have a mini Kraken in the tank :boat::sink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back