• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

Octavarium;112773 said:
Thales would you still have any cuttles available in a month or so? Im getting LR and sand this week, plus ordering a coralife protein skimmer. I want to start cycling the 29 (cuttle is my top choice for inhabitant), and I have some rocks/sand from my octos tank I can add to help seed...so hopefully I'd be looking at a little over a month for cycle, which is why Im curious if you think you'd still have any available.

I will have them available for you then.

Hey guys!
What you think, does cuddles last shipping to finland as ann egg. Or should i think some other way to get one?
The other thing i wanted to ask was how many? I planned to get 100 gallon tank whit 30 gallon sump + shelf with three 12 gallon tank to raising food. So if i dare... How many sepia bandensis i should take?
I'm intressed to try mate em.

Shipping across country lines is problematic, and most won't do it. Check into your import laws.

I still have 4 or 5 for sale.

I will have hatchlings for sale. These hatchlings are from eggs laid and bred in captivity.

Price to come shortly. I am thinking to sell them through Thales, since Im not too interested into all the packaging and shipping duties.

I would very much like for recipients of these cuttlefish to update their development and experiences on Tonmo, so we can track them for multiple generations.

Will post more shortly.

I looked in to www.qualitymarineusa.com and they have cuttles listed. They tell you where they get them from but don't have the species name. It just says Sepia sp. The only bad thing is that these are wild caught. They also have eggs listed but I am not sure what species they are. Quality Marine is a wholesaler that only sells to stores, but most LFS I have contacted said they would special order for me. They also have tank raised octos listed, but again no species or picture.

I have a question also. I kept a tank raised octopus from fishsupply.com and want to try cuttlefish (Fish supply no longer ships any fish but they do have a store in CA) I go to school away from home and want to try and keep a cuttlefish. Would it be too stressful on the animal to transport it home during my long break over Christmas and transport it back to school after? It would be a little less than a 3 hour drive.

:welcome: to TONMO

There are several people with tank-raised bandensis right now, so they'd be more of a known quantity. I'm not sure about the car ride, so I'll leave that for others to answer.

They are currently not in the market as far as anyone on tonmo knows. Check the cuttlefish availability forum often, the NRCC has some as always, but you cant get them unless you are doing research on them. One thing you could do is check the High Schools around you, some have marine biology programs that are constantly doing research, you could probably convince one of the seniors to do something with an officinales for the senior project, then just ask for the cuttle when they are done. But by the time your octo passes there may be officinales on the market again.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back