• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Chiller size for ruby octo

AuroraVK

Blue Ring
Registered
Hello!

My octo tank (Red Sea reefer 250 (66 gallons all in) is all set up and fully cycled (been cycling for a while, I set it up in July and just added a clean up crew/future octo snacks). I have kept saltwater for several years and I have a Red Sea 900xxl (~240 gal) and that’s how my 250 freed up about a year ago.

I live in Paso Robles and have seen ruby octopuses in the tide pools nearby so my plan is to get one myself (I’ve read up on it and I can take one as a pet with a fishing license, subject to some limitations).

In any event, my question is what size chiller I should get for the tank to maintain 55-60 - assume the room is up to 78 in the summer a few times a year.

Attachments

• C301335B-98B2-42CE-A63C-9462A1616B3F.jpeg
    C301335B-98B2-42CE-A63C-9462A1616B3F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back