Ceph Furniture...

Erich's got a unique cane much like that, only it's a cuttle rather than an octopus, and it's carved rather than a metal handle. Got any pictures, Erich? (I seem to remember Rebecca telling a story that someone asked her "you know your husband is walking around with a naughty looking cane?" and her getting to reply "I carved it for him."-- although I suppose it's unavoidable, people seem a little over the top about attributing freudian meanings to cephs...)

I'll send them! As to Freud, sometimes a squid really IS just a squid.

We'll take some pictures of my squid-cane and post them. It's rather stylized, carved from antique mahogany.

Ceph Furniture...Cane

Oh yeah?!

Well how about this one?

Attachments

• conv_289704.jpg
    conv_289704.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 92
Ceph Furniture...Tile

Check this out...

This was a custom tile, mural design in a home I found online. I am not crazy about the eyes (they always do them to cartoonie), but as a whole I liked the project.

Attachments

• conv_289727.jpg
    conv_289727.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 95
Ceph Furniture...Dining

How about this one?

It's a mug for those coffee lovers out there; however, it has a tentacle for the arm.

Attachments

• conv_289793.jpg
    conv_289793.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 98
Ceph Furniture...Clocks

I have no idea where this is from, but it was posted by a Japanese enthusiast and I thought all would want to see.

Maybe he was at an aquarium?

Does anybody know where this is?

Attachments

• conv_290024.jpg
    conv_290024.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 86
Ceph Furniture ...Drapery Finials

OK,

You have been patient, ...and I like to reward that. Especially as I have had people contact me saying "where's the new octo stuff?"

Well I found this first one at www.curzon.co.za and it is a set of finials for the end of your curtain rods.

...and you're welcome.

Attachments

• conv_290189.jpg
    conv_290189.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 87
Ceph Furniture ...Nursery Clock

Normally,

As many of you have seen my tastes before, you know that I do not go in for the cutesy octos. However, something for the nursery generally piques me a little as I can have it to saturate the children.

Attachments

• conv_290191.jpg
    conv_290191.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 96
Regarding the octopus on the clock posted by a tourist, that looks a lot like one of a series of statues at Baywalk in St. Pete, Florida (going from the parking garage to the stores). I vaguely remember being annoyed because he only had 7 arms. There were a bunch of different marine animals depicted on different posts.

~Mary

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back